More than once in a century, another “trial of the century” appears. On June 25, 1906, multi-millionaire Harry Kendall Thaw, jealous husband of Evelyn Nesbit, shot and murdered Stanford White on the rooftop theatre of Madison Square Garden. This led to what the press would call “The Trial of the Century.” 
And who can forget the 1934 trial of Richard Bruno Hauptmann, accused in the explosive Lindbergh baby kidnapping case? The trial soon became a sensation: reporters swarmed the town, and every hotel room was booked. 
In June of 1994, a new “trial of the century” erupted: Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were murdered in Brentwood, an affluent neighborhood in the Westside of Los Angeles. O.J. Simpson was prosecuted and found not guilty. Not focused upon was a hidden aspect of the case: drugs. Yet early reports had stated the killings had some earmarks of a drug scenario.  The public’s aroused blood lust could not deal with an innocent O.J. Simpson. The thirst for O.J.’s blood had to be sated. A later civil trial sucked the blood from Simpson. Finally, he was eventually tucked away thanks to his own momentary stupidity.
It has been twenty years now since the O.J. Simpson “trial of the century” erupted. Clearly another “trial of the century” is long overdue. The trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, alleged Boston Marathon bomber, is scheduled to begin in January 2015. 
But how can we know that the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev brought into the courtroom is the real Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and not a Polish factory worker? Anna Anderson, who claimed to be the surviving Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas and Tsarina Alexandra, faced the same dilemma: How do you prove to the world you are who you are? (Background: The Amazing Polish Factory Worker, Ersjdamoo’s Blog, October 3, 2014.)
JUDGE (to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev): Young man, how do we know you are who you say you are? For all this court knows, you might be a Polish factory worker. I suggest that some DNA tests must be done.
(And notice Dzhokhar’s last name… TSARnaev.)
Look for the prosecution in the upcoming Tsarnaev trial to play heavily upon emotion, so as to cloud reason. After the April 15, 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, “news” reports did not overwhelmingly focus upon the sufferings of the victims. We haven’t been inundated yet with such tearful stories. The prosecution however will be breaking out the violins big-time, since their actual case is questionable.
Almost immediately after the Boston backpack blow-up, the Obama administration decreed that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev would be denied his Miranda rights. 
The mother of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, a naturalized US citizen, told Russia Today, “It is a setup. He [Tamerlan] was controlled by FBI for three to five years. They knew what my son was doing. They knew what actions and what sites on the Internet he was going… So how could this happen? How could they, they were controlling his every step, and they are telling today that this is a terrorist act.” 
The Israeli web site Debka cited “counterterrorism and intelligence sources,” who it said had concluded that the two brothers were “recruited by US intelligence as penetration agents” to gain access to jihadist networks in the Russian Caucasus, but then “turned coat and bit their recruiters.” 
What was going on with the “training exercise” conducted concurrently with the marathon? The coach of the University of Mobile’s cross-country team, Ali Stevenson, in regard to bomb-sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines, recalled, “They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it’s just a training exercise.” 
Who was the mysterious radical, known only as “Misha”, who may have influenced Tamerlan Tsarnaev? Misha, international man of mystery, seems to have first met Tamerlan at a Boston mosque. Were Tamerlan and Dzhokar “sheep dipped”? Did Misha tell Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, “Put on these backpacks and go mingle with the crowd at the Boston Marathon”? (Background: Mystery Man Misha and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Ersjdamoo’s Blog, April 28, 2013.)
Although Ersjdamoo disagrees with socialism, nonetheless the World Socialist Web Site has provided excellent ongoing coverage of developments in the case of the Tsarnaev brothers. A search on “Tsarnaev” at wsws.org returns such items as…
- Unanswered questions in Boston bombings (April 22, 2013)
- Questions mount about Boston bombers’ links to US intelligence agencies (April 26, 2013)
- New questions on Boston bombing suspects’ ties to US intelligence (April 29, 2013)
- FBI, Homeland Security withheld information on Boston bombing suspects from local, state police (May 11, 2013)
- FBI director continues cover-up of contacts with Boston bombing suspects (May 18, 2013)
- Witness tied to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI (May 23, 2013)
- The FBI murder of Ibragim Todashev—the man who knew too much? (May 31, 2013)
- The state killing of Ibragim Todashev (June 3, 2013)
- Who is Ruslan Tsarni? (June 29, 2013)
- US detains witness in FBI killing of Ibragim Todashev (July 11, 2013)
- Questions surrounding 2011 triple murder point to government cover-up in Boston Marathon bombing (July 12, 2013)
- FBI blocks release of Ibragim Todashev autopsy report (July 18, 2013)
- Father of Boston bombing witness killed by FBI announces investigation (August 17, 2013)
- Family of Boston Marathon bombing witness killed by FBI denounces federal harassment (October 18, 2013)
- Father of slain Boston bombing witness releases letter to Obama accusing FBI of murder (January 6, 2014)
- The US media returns to the mysterious death of Ibragim Todashev (March 11, 2014)
- New evidence of US intelligence links to Boston Marathon bomber (March 31, 2014)
- FBI killer of Ibragim Todashev revealed as ex-Oakland cop accused of cover-up and abuse (May 16, 2014)
A quibble I have with some of the above-listed reports is they do not say “alleged” Boston Marathon bomber. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has not even yet been tried! He may well have been a patsy, like Lee Harvey Oswald, in all this.
——- Sources ——-
 “Evelyn Nesbit”, Wikipedia, October 11, 2014.
 “Lindbergh kidnapping”, Wikipedia, October 11, 2014.
 Killing Time, by Donald Freed and Raymond P. Briggs. New York: Macmillan, 1996
 “Boston bombing suspect Tsarnaev allegedly knew of brother’s role in 2011 murders”, by Holly Bailey. Yahoo News, October 11, 2014.
 “Unanswered questions in Boston bombings”, by Bill Van Auken. World Socialist Web Site, April 22, 2013.