Its very name evokes Edgar Allan Poe. The situation in the Poe Land (Poland) is aflame with euro-skepticism. As they defied the Soviet Union about 25 years ago, so too now is Poland defying immigration diktats of the European Union. The situation is intense and dramatic, yet the “news” in the United States has been mostly ignoring it. For some strange reason, a stork was featured on the Google web page on Polish independence day, November 11, 2015. Why a stork, and not a proud eagle? The stork symbolizes care and solicitude displayed by younger storks towards aging storks. The “young stork” is Beata Szydlo, new prime minister of the Poe Land. The “old stork” is Jaroslaw Kaczynski, supported in Poland and a euro-skeptic. Foreseen is that the young stork shall show solicitude towards the old stork. (See my video, hopefully viewable at the top of today’s blog entry.)
I am focusing for the time being on making short videos, hence my Ersjdamoo’s Blog posts will not be so frequent as before, at least for now. If you wish to, you can subscribe to my YouTube videos for latest news, or otherwise I plan to provide periodic summaries via Ersjdamoo’s Blog. (To find them on YouTube, do a search of titles, for example the title, “The Stork of Poe-Land (Poland)”.)
Other of my recent videos from this past week which may be of interest:
- Nov 9, 2015: Stringing Together the Popcorn: People sometimes string together popcorn and lace it around the Christmas tree. Here, stringing together popcorn is an attempt to tie together various erupting popcorn “news” events, narrowed down to the category of the U.S. “Defense” establishment recently proclaiming Russia to be Public Enemy #1. The string which connects is last stages of capitalism and economic depression leading to overseas expansion and an increasingly aggressive foreign policy. Federal Reserve policies have not worked, so war escalation is underway. This shift has been dramatically underscored this past week by warlike pronouncements from 4-Star General Mark Milley and “Defense” Secretary Ashton Carter. The United States feigns complete innocence and Russia is portrayed as utterly evil.
- Nov 10, 2015: Propaganda Carpet Bombing Begins: General Mark Milley announced it. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter seconded the motion. Russia is now declared Public Enemy #1 by the U.S. foreign policy establishment. Meet our new allies in the fight against big bad wolf Russia, the coup d’etat government in Ukraine. Ukraine, our ally, is largely dominated by neo-Nazis. However, to paraphrase Franklin D. Roosevelt, “They may be sons-of-bitches, but they are our sons-of-bitches.” A carpet bombing barrage of anti-Russian propaganda shall be and is already underway. Many will surrender their minds. But some will try to string together the popcorn and place it around the Christmas tree.
- Nov 11, 2015: Who Are These Russians?: Over 2,000 years ago, the Russians were a peaceful, shy people living in the forest. Through the influence of Byzantium (Constantinople, now Istanbul), Russia became a civilization distinct from the West. During the First World War, Germany unleashed a secret weapon against Russia: Bolshevism. Germany sent Vladimir Lenin into Russia and the result was disastrous. In the 1960s, the Treasure Chest comic books warned against a Communist takeover of the United States and what that would be like. What seems to have happened though is not an actual invasion, per se, but what Antonio Gramsci called “the march through the institutions.” Russia did not do this to us, but Gramscian tactics. Russia threw out Communism around 1991. They wanted to be friendly neighbors with the West. But the West only feigned friendship while launching covert operations in places like Yugoslavia, Ukraine, and the Middle East. The secret plan was a gradual encirclement of Russia. However Russia has by now wised up to what is going on and openly defies the Anglo-American “New World Order.” For this “crime”, Russia has now been declared by the Anglo-American establishment to be Public Enemy #1.
- Nov 12, 2015: Upheaval In Poland: Little-known information about the death of Edgar Allan Poe was conveyed in a book published in 2000, Midnight Dreary, by John Evangelist Walsh. This information undoubtedly came to the attention of Poland, whose very name suggests an affinity with Edgar Allan Poe, i.e., Poe-Land. But then, in 2010, Poland’s elite were all killed in a mysterious plane crash near Smolensk, Russia. The Poe Truth movement thereby must have been inflicted a terrible blow. But now, a new far-right government has taken power in the Poe-Land (Poland). Demonstrators in the tens of thousands are demanding answers. A Confederate flag displayed during demonstrations may signify secret information about the death of Poe. (Somewhat satirical, but somewhat not satirical.)
- Nov 13, 2015: Other Doings Involving the Poe Land (Poland): The superstition of Friday the 13th being unlucky originated with the coordinated mass arrest, in France, of the Knights Templar on October 13, 1307 – a Friday. The Knights Templar, a secret society, intersected with a Middle Eastern sect known as the Assassins. Other secrets were revealed by the Polish nobleman Jan Potocki in a later book. Secrets abound in Poland, for example regarding a mysterious plane crash on April 10, 2010. A dramatic political shift in Poland is now heralded by the accession of the right-wing Law and Justice Party. Where is Poland heading, towards Russia or towards the West? Or towards neither but inward, unto itself?